Fáilte!

The people we choose to share our ups and downs with in life are our best friends, our confidants.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top Restaurant Picks

The Green Pepper - Korean fare, Squirrel Hill area

We went on the day there was only the buffet offered, but I think that worked out well. There were tons of different dishes that I could try. It was $20 a person, but that included tax, tip, and all drinks. It was a nice place and I was able to try many different Korean dishes, so I did my best to try all the dishes I could! In all I enjoyed the experience and the food, and we walked away very full and happy with the friendly restaurant. Aside from it being a little expensive (unless you can eat a lot!) and you like or want to try Korean food,  I recommend this place :)

Yinzburg BBQ - Southern BBQ, Shadyside area

I had heard good things about this place, but I hadn't made it over there. Something about BBQ here didn't excite me - probably because in my mind I always compare it to my mind blowing experience in Texas. Liang explained that the owner had grown up in the South and now he wanted to make BBQ like he remembered from his youth. So, we got there and ordered the ribs, brisket and pulled pork along with some collard greens. All the sauces were tasty, depending on your preferences. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that I like collard greens, well at least theirs. The final verdict is that its the best BBQ I've had in the burg! If you're in a rut or in the winter blues, you really should give this place a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment