Fáilte!

The people we choose to share our ups and downs with in life are our best friends, our confidants.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Top Restaurant Picks


Spice Island – Burmese fare, Oakland area

·         Liang and I were walking around the Oakland area a little while ago and decided that it was time to introduce me to Spice Island. I had never been there but she had told me a lot about it. I was intrigued to try some new things, but we couldn’t decide on one dish to order. So, instead we ordered lunch size dishes of multiple things. One I want to make note of is the Mango Pork – WOW that was delicious. The Mahinga soup (fish soup)  was good, and we also got some samosas and a garden salad. Everything was tasty, serving sizes were nice. This was a neat little place to eat at and I definitely recommend them.

The Porch – Bistro style place, Oakland

·         David and I came to first eat at this place a while ago when after church we had an hour to kill before the library opened and it was really cold out. Seeing this new place we thought it was a fancy coffee shop so we figured it’d be nice to go get some hot chocolate while we wait. We walked in and it was so homey and the waitstaff so friendly we just couldn’t leave once we realized it was a restaurant. Their crispy taters and curried ketchup was delicious. Normally I hate ketchup, but this was new and very different. While it’s a little pricey for brunch, the dinner prices are good for dinner sized entrees that you get. If you’re looking for a nice night out I recommend this place for sure, and if you just want to do brunch it’s still good but it’s a little more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment