Fáilte!

The people we choose to share our ups and downs with in life are our best friends, our confidants.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Red Robin Homage

My friends keep asking me if I’ve started craving anything yet, strange things? Mundane items? Anything? To be honest, the only thing I’ve been wanting is just to have all my food spicy. I wouldn’t say it’s a craving since I’ve always liked spicy food, but I have to admit I do want it more frequently. So, to make a long story short after all this crafting work I've been doing David and I were discussing what we wanted to eat for dinner. My response – spicy burgers, like the Fiery Ghost style at Red Robin. Once I had that stuck in my mind I was done for and solely focused on reproducing a meal in this image.

I grabbed out some ground beef, a jalapeno and habenero, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and I started mixing the meat items together.
I grabbed some of the sourdough starter Liang so generously gave me and made some sourdough buns, and of course the toppings and fixings. I made steak fries that I seasoned with Old Bay, salt and pepper. Sorry, I was so focused and tunnel vision on reaching my finished product that I just threw things together and didn't really follow recipes - even when I thought I was apparently I missed steps. Next time!

By the end of the afternoon we had a tossed salad with preserved lemon dressing to start us off with, an east asian take on coleslaw that Liang brought over the other night when we did a BBQ night, and we set to constructing our burgers. As you can see we started off healthy with that salad and then (my meal at least) declined into just a burger lovers heaven.




It was no Big Tavern Burger in the Fiery Ghost Style, however I daresay it was just as good in its own right and certainly hit the spot for us! I can’t wait to have one for lunch today . . .
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment